Tinmouth Elementary Weekly Brief
- Today is the third of six Friday ski and skate days at Okemo. Please remember to send students with extra gloves, socks, and hats. Dressing in layers provides optimal warmth. Children will return to TES early and can be picked up between 2:30 and 3:00 PM. Please send skaters in with bike helmets if they have them.
- The STAR 360 testing results went home last week. All children made growth in reading and math abilities. The data from these test helps in planning instruction in the upcoming months.
- Teachers will send home class lists so that if children are bringing in valentines, they are certain to include everyone in their class.
- The sixth grade is going rock climbing in Rutland on Friday, February 16th. This activity is designed to familiarize students with their future classmates from across the district. Please encourage students to dress in clothes that are loose enough to climb in.
- Each member of our graduating class will receive a $100 gift certificate to Staples thanks to the Pam Garceau Scholarship Fund. This award was set up to prepare our graduates each year for middle school by friends of the Garceau’s. Additionally, a Tinmouth student graduating from Mill River Union High School will receive a $2,000 scholarship to ameliorate the costs of college or post-graduate training. This is also an annual award that will provide students with an otherwise unattainable opportunity that is certain to change their future. What a great way to honor an incredible woman who persevered through life’s hardships with tenacity and an undaunted spirit. Her courage deeply inspired all who knew her.
Tinmouth School Calendar of Events